Traveling

Where is collect my journey

Name:
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

I'm Thai live and working in Bangkok

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Alone in Vientiane part II

From the part I end at Victory Gate or Patuxai. before i will show you another place please see continue with Patuxai. I was have chance to get up to the top of the Patuxai to see the view of Vientiane, for foriegner i paid at 5000kip for admission fee. the picture will show you how nice of the view from Patuxai

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

another picture
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Under the Patuxai i found the nice picture paint under the gate.I took few picture of it to show you.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I was spend almost 1 hour just took picture and see around Patuxai but another destination on my Plan was That Luang, i decided to walk from Patuxai event it was a bit far because i would like to see around the city in the same time. Nice quiet city. after around 20 minutes walked. I reached That Laung.

Lonely planet wrote to That Luang as below

"The most important national monument in Laos, Pha That Luang is a symbol of both the Buddhist religion and Lao sovereignty. Its full official name, Pha Chedi Lokajulamani, means World-Precious Sacred Stupa, and an image of the main stupa appears on the national seal. Legend has it that a reliquary was built here to enclose a piece of the Buddha's breastbone.



Hours: Tue-Sun 8:00am-4:00pm"
from: Lonely Planet Laos

That Laung
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The most important Pha That (Pagoda) in Vientiane. I spent around 2 hours here took many pictures and Pray for my luck and safe travel in Laos. You can find more picture at my Gallery

Unfortunately the rain was falled and i decided to walked through the rain back to guesthouse. In the afternoon was the Laos new year celerbate at guesthouse they are very friendly and we had a lot of fun also i got drunk and slept until the night that i went out for dinner and back to prepare for check out in the morning next day.

I decided to took 9.00 AM bus back to Udonthani becuase i was Thai bus so the thrid day in Laos i had do nothing just had brakfast and get back to Thailand.

You might heard about Vientiane from someone that nothing much in the City i had prove my self that there was very nice place to spend quiet holiday there. My next plan is go to Laung prabang and Pakse and also travel around Laos, i figured out that Laos is very plance and peoples there are friendly

You will see if you have chance to visit them someday, now it's easy to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home